The VIRTUAL ISAF YOUTH SAILING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS hosted by Limassol 2013 (Cyprus)
This July, Limassol will host the ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship - the world’s premier event for youth sailing.
Event HistoryThe ISAF Youth Worlds was first held in Sweden in 1971 and has taken place every year since.
Throughout its history, the ISAF Youth Worlds has visited over 20 nations, covering every continent, and over 100 different nations have competed. France is currently the most successful nation, winning the Volvo Trophy on a record 10 occasions and holding a record 62 medals: 20 Gold, 27 Silver and 15 Bronze.
The Next Event: Limassol 2013The 2013 ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship, to be held from 13-20 July in Limassol, Cyprus, is the 43rd edition of the championship. Racing will take place in eight events.
The Virtual EventIn 2013, like we did last year for the Dublin Bay event, we will be running a virtual event to mirror the real event: The Virtual ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships. This Virtual Youth Worlds will run in SailX.com the award-winning inshore sailboat racing and training environment and consisted of a virtual fleet-race regatta that is OPEN TO EVERYONE regardless of age. In order to differentiate by age two rankings were produced - one for ALL individuals taking part and a second for those entrants who meet the official ISAF ‘youth’ age classification as per the Official Notice of race for the 43rd ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship 2013 (i.e. under the age of 19 years on 31 December 2013). The winning individual in the ‘Youth’ classification will be awarded with the “Virtual ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships Trophy”. The winning nation will be awarded with the Virtual Sailing Nationals Trophy.
About SailX.comThe Award-Winning Inshore Sailboat Racing & Training Environment
• SailX.com runs real-time fleet, match and team racing 24/7 between sailors from all over the world
• Racing in SailX takes place in strict accordance with the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing
• SailX provides fun and learning for all sailors from beginner racers to World Champions, Olympians, etc
• SailX can be played for free, forever
• While there are some advantages to subscribing, users will never be able to buy a faster boat!
• SailX is the largest inshore racing simulation in the world
• On average SailX hosts a 12-person race every 5 minutes, 24hrs a day, every day
• That's over 100,000 races and 1,200,000 individual finishers every year
• The SailX community is made up of nearly 28,000 users from over 100 countries worldwide
• The 'Active User' community is growing at 50% per annum and accelerating
• On average users spend a total of 10,500 highly-engaged hours (14.5 months) racing each month
• The SailX rules engine currently decides on over 1.5m incidents per year with >95% accuracy
• SailX has a searchable database over 18,000 ruled protests complete with incident videos and commentary
To try racing NOW (but as a Guest hence with minimal rights) - please click HERE.
Our Facebook page is at http://www.facebook.com/SailX.Inshore.Racing.Game
Our Youtube channel is at http://www.youtube.com/user/SailXRacing
For more information about SailX click HERE